Translate

Tuesday 7 March 2017

Book of Judges Chapter 2



Book of Judges 

Chapter 



2



¹ Now the angel of the LORD went up from Gilgal to Boachim, and said, "I brought you up from Egypt, and brought you into the land that I had promised to your ancestors. I said, 'I will never break my covenant with you.




(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verse 1)



Oh God my Father I thank You for always being faithful to me in many if not all the situations of my life. You have always been by my side even though at the time I may not have been aware of Your presence. I therefore. thank You and give praise and worship to You and Your Holy Name. I invite all to join me in the following song and prayer of praise and worship by clicking on the following link.


Blessed be Your Name (Credit to Worship isHere)



² For your part, do not make a covenant with the inhabitants of this land; tear down their altars.' But you have not obeyed my command. See what you have done!


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verse 2)



Oh God my Father, You created us to live on the earth, but not to become corrupt with its ways. We are to live as if we are foreigners, who are unfamiliar with sin and its sinful ways. However, we have disobeyed Your command and now we are also facing the consequences of our sinful worldly actions. I pray that we also look around us. Among other examples, we have the United Kingdom and the United States of America, symbols of bad decisions that were taken not based on Your will or discernment but on the values of the world.


³ So now I say, I will not drive them out before you; but they shall become adversaries to you, and their gods shall be a snare to you."


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verse 3)




Oh God my Father this is a great test that You are placing before me. My enemies have indeed become adversaries and they are launching an attack on my weakest area that is the area of work. Yesterday a person of high position told me that I am becoming in rusty in the occupation where I am serving and that he feels the need to shuffle me to another centre which is not fair since I have only been in the centre for a couple of months. In truth this is not the case for the real reason is that I am working with the son of this person who is giving me hell in delivering and creating unnecessary problems to make me look bad with my clients. I pray oh God that You help me out in this delicate situation. Amen I know that You are on my side Amen.


⁴ When the angel of the LORD spoke these words to all the Israelites, the people lifted up their voices and wept. ⁵ So they named that place Bochim, and there they sacrificed to the LORD.


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 4 to 5) 


Oh God my Father when we are confronted with our sinful reality, only then we may feel repentance of our actions and change our ways, especially when we experience the negative consequences, do we realize that we are not self-sufficient, that our ways, were not always according to Your ways, and that without Your love care and support we are able to do nothing. Amen. I pray that we always remain aware of this reality and place our trust in You. 


⁶ When Joshua dismissed the people, the Israelites all went to their own inheritance to take possession of the land. 


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verse 6)  


 Oh God my beloved Father, brothers and sisters all around the world, when we receive the Word of God, it becomes active in our souls. It motivates us to continue with our lives, giving us a new motivation and strength to proceed with our lives even though at the time it may be challenging and even painfull. Never give up my friends but place your trust in God my Father and your Father Amen.


⁷ The people worshipped the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua, who had seen all the great work that the had done for Israel.


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verse 7)


Oh God my beloved Father as Joshua and the elders were witnesses of all the interventions that You did during these times, I myself am a witness of all that You are performing in my life and in the lives of others during the present times. Amen. I can never deny or forget all that You are doing for me and others Amen. Thank You Jesus Amen.   


⁸ Joshua son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died at the age of one hundred and ten years. ⁹ So they buried him within the bounds of his inheritance in Timnathheres, in the hill country of Ephraim, north of Mount Gaash. ¹⁰ Moreover, that whole generation was gathered to their ancestors, and another generation grew up after them, who did not know the LORD or the work that he had done for Israel.



(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 8 to 10)



Oh God my beloved Father, this is one of my greatest worries, that after our generation passes, the offspring of the modern technological and scientific society of our times, may no longer accept You as their God and Father, however the situation is not that bleak for many youths have the flame of belief still burning inside of them apparently there are still  84,706 Christian youth organizations worldlwide Amen.



 I thank You for Malta Youth Fellowship and other Youth organizations in  the world that help kindle or keep on burning the flame of faith in worship to You my God and Father Amen. 



¹¹ Then the Israelites did what was evil in the sight of the LORD and worshiped the Baal; ¹² and they abandoned the LORD, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt; and they followed other gods; from among the gods of the peoples who were all around them; and bowed down to them; and they provoked the LORD to anger.



(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 11 to 12)




Oh God my Father, during our times 2017 we are still adoring both things and persons, in order to get what we wish or for what we think to be instant gratification or pleasure. Some people among us have become so powerful that we treat them as if they are 'Gods' and we do anything possible to please them even if this requires prostrating ourselves emotionally or physically before them. I pray oh God my beloved Father that I remain firm in my belief that You are my one and only God. Please have pity and mercy on me right now for my behaviour is not that of a Christian but that of a person who is hurt and angry and reacts to every situation that I believe to be provoking. I pray that You heal me of myself Amen.  



¹³  They abandoned the LORD, and worshipped Baal and the Astartes. ¹⁴ So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he gave them over to plunderers who plundered them, and he sold them into the power of their enemies all around, so that they could no longer withstand their enemies. ¹⁵ Whenever they marched out, the hand of the LORD was against them to bring misfortune, as the LORD had warned them and sworn to them; and they were in great distress.


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 13 to 15)



Oh God my Father when we decide not to obey You, we are not protected by You. We end up at the mercy of evil spirits who would have been waiting for such a moment to enact their revenge on us. However even though You permit us to endure such a time of persecution You never abandon us, for You always have plan B ready for our deliverance Amen. Thank You Jesus.  


¹⁶ Then the LORD raised up judges, who delivered them out of the power of those who plundered them.



(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 16)


Oh God my beloved Father, You know that we are stubborn in our ways, towards You and towards each other and at times even towards ourselves. However, You never give up on us. Even though we say 'no' to You, You keep on sending us people enlightened by You with the aim of helping us in dealing or coping with our issues. Amen.


¹⁷ Yet they did not listen even to their judges, for they lusted after other gods and bowed down to them. They soon turned aside from the way in which their ancestors had walked, who had obeyed the commandments of the LORD; they did not follow their example.


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 17)



Oh God my beloved Father, it seems that history keeps on repeating itself, for the same thing happens even during the present times in 2017. We are creating our own gods, such as lust, pleasure, commodities that are making us become lax in our spiritual practice of our faith to the extent that the values of our ancestors are being either forgotten or put aside. I pray that for our own spiritual good we go back to our roots Amen.


¹⁸ Whenever the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was with the judge, and he delivered them from the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; for the LORD would be moved to pity by their groaning because of those who persecuted and oppressed them. ¹⁹ But whenever the judge died, they would relapse and behave worse than their ancestors, following other gods, worshiping them and bowing down to them. They would not drop any of their practices or their stubborn ways. ²⁰ So the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel; and he said, "Because this people have transgressed my covenant that I commanded their ancestors, and have not obeyed my voice, ²¹ I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations that Joshua left when he died."


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 18 to 21) 



 Oh God my beloved Father, I greatly Fear that this is the same situation during our times meaning 2017. You have been sending us many holy people such as Pope John Paul the Second, Mother Theresa and many other people who worked in sanctity in the background by leading a life of prayer however we still failed to follow the good examples and teachings that You gave us by means of such judges and leaders. Moreover the world has become more corrupt than ever before.


²² In order to test Israel, whether or not they would take care to walk in the way of the LORD as their ancestors did, ²³ the LORD had left those nations not driving them out at once, and had not handed them over to Joshua.


(Book of Judges Chapter 2 verses 22 to 23) 


Oh God my Father, when we notice that a bad habit is still there even though we do our best to work on it and even offer it to You, it may be the case that You my God are using that same sin in order to test me. I pray oh God my Father that You give me the grace to pass the tests of my life.  


Oh God my Father, I would like to end this second chapter of the book of Judges with the following prayer:-


Oh God my Father, I thank You for the tests and trials of life, for they are all challenges. I pray to thank You for the many times that You helped me pass these tests and even for those moments when I failed the tests, for You always give me a second and even third chance to face the test. I thank You for Your love and mercy Amen.  


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment